Friday, April 4, 2008

April Fools!!

I (Jen) am finally rubbing off on Paul in a good way. This is our 3rd April Fool's Day together, and it was the first time that he really got me. He got up early and emailed all our family, indicating an announcement that we are pregnant with a boy named Dallin. But before he told me about that, he called me on the way to work and told me that he just got in another car accident--this time in the rental car. I wouldn't have believed him if I'd known the date, but it was early enough that it hadn't registered. So, for the record, he got the first laugh.

But then as the emails and phone calls came in either congratulating us on our pregnancy or wishing us a Happy April Fools, I had a chance to get Paul. I told Paul that my parents were worried about us having too many kids too quickly. I managed to fake a cry over the phone, so I had him fooled. We had a good laugh when he finally realized that I had got him good.

PS, for all you who know about the Polish holiday "Smingus Dingus" (it's a national waterfight--boys pick on girls mostly), you'd be disappointed in me. I forgot until 10:30 at night, and just didn't have the heart to really soak Paul in bed. It was a sad thought to think I had to wait 365 more days to really enjoy the holiday again.

5 comments:

Bellblogging said...

That is so funny! I use to get into April Fools, but I keep forgeting. Those are good tricks! Way to go!

Bellblogging said...

Your food storage is awesome!

Aimee said...

HA! Jen, that is so you. I'm so glad to hear your pranks are a good as ever!! Love it!

Bonnie Wayne said...

lol - LOVE IT!

Rebecca Parker said...

thanks for the reminder re: Smingus Dingus!!