Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy Happenings

Claire's Baby Blessing

Claire received a beautiful priesthood baby blessing on February 7th. It was a special occasion, and we were grateful to have family join us. In the blessing, it mentioned her gift of being a happy soul. She really is happy and content most of the time!

Claire wore the same blessing dress that the other girls have worn, with a few alterations to update the look. She was beautiful! Of course, she threatened to have a "blow out" just minutes before the blessing. I was able to take care of it and walk back in to the meeting just in time for the blessing. Whew! And of course the other girls were on their worst Sunday behavior during the meeting, so I was just grateful to hear a few things that were said. It wouldn't be right if things went perfectly that day, would it?



I was especially grateful for our moms, who seemed to do all of the work in the kitchen, while we hosted much of our family for lunch. The Thatchers and Yorgasons always enjoy the chance to mingle and get reacquainted.



Bowling for the First Time

One of our favorite things about being a parent is introducing our children to new experiences. When we told them about bowling, they didn't seem too excited. But once we were there, they realized how fun it is. The girls loved bowling, even though it was a supreme test of taking turns. Grace makes sure to ask us often if we can go again. I'm not sure if they liked bowling or buying candy from the machines better. Oh, the joys of being young!



Ballerinas in the Making

The girls LOVE to dance, and recently, they have been doing ballet. So they were thrilled when a friend gave them her old leotards and skirts. Even though they haven't taken lessons, these girls can move! I attempted to get some pictures of them dancing, but now I can see that video would have captured the moment a lot better. Just imagine classical ballet music, a lot of smiles and twirls!.


Snuggles, Cuddles, & Loves

One of these girls is happy, and one isn't! I guess I need to capture more pictures of Claire smiling at the older girls. They play with her all day long and usually have her laughing and cooing...just not when they are holding her.

(this is our friend, Brooklyn. She LOVES to hold Claire!)


GRACE

  • Is so adorable, but still makes it hard to capture her cuteness on camera!
  • Wants to have long braids like Millie in her hair (still an impossibility)
  • Asks us every day if she can go to preschool when she is three.
  • Is in and out of being potty-trained, but has shown that she will do it on her own timetable
  • Sings "Doo-dee-doo-dee" to Claire, while she looks up Claire's nose to see if she has any "yuckies." We've taught Grace to just tell mommy or daddy, and we'll take care of it, but every once in a while, we still catch her with her finger up Claire's nose.
  • Her prayers recently consist ONLY of the following things:"Thank you for we can go to Kangaroo Zoo; Thank you for we can go to Jim's Jungle Gym; Thank you for we can go bowling; Thank you for we can go to Chuck-E-Cheese" And when we don't mention those things, she is sure to give us a frown and tell us what we forgot to say!
  • Has a brilliant mind and loves to learn!



MILLIE

  • Carries her pink purse (filled with lipsticks, phone, and jewelry) almost everywhere she goes
  • Is currently trying to save up money to buy some new chapstick she saw at Wal-mart
  • Asks for a "scary story" every night in bed
  • Went to the dentist for the first time this week, and was SO brave! She was sure to get all the free items they could possibly give her, and with every one, she asked if she could get one to take home for Gracie as well. She is very thoughtful!
  • She loves to sit at the counter while I work in the kitchen and do art. Her preschool teacher says that she is usually the last one at the table working on the art projects. She loves getting it just right!



8 comments:

Heidi said...

Hi there Jen & Paul,
So fun to see your family updates, and your beautiful baby in her blessing dress! Your girls are just adorable. I especially love those dancing pictures in the tutus! My Maddie loves that too!

Hey, I've had to make our blog private, (boo, hoo). I've created an update blog http://www.laperleupdates.blogspot.com/, so you can follow us from that one. Send me your email on a comment, or at "jhlaperle@yahoo.com" so I can send you an invite to view our blog.

Chrissy said...

Jen, your girls are so beautiful!! What a fun update. We love your family.

Starlee said...

It was so fun to read an update! I can't believe how grown-up and beautiful Millie looks (don't forgot that Asher was her first kiss :)! And Grace and Clare are darling too. And, of course, Jen, you look great too! Really! You are such a good mom - your girls always look like they are having so much fun. We would love to come see you guys sometime soon! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen!
Wow..I haven't seen or heard from you in forever!
I am doing good. I live back here in Utah county. Still same old me. Well, kinda anyways.
I told you Grace would look like you!! Your girls are so adorable! Wow..it still makes me giggle to see you as a mom, just because I am so happy for you.
I am sorry I lost contact, I am doing really well though. We will have to e-mail sometime!
Congrats on the new baby! She is so beautiful!
amandababb2009@gmail.com
~Amanda Babb

Tara said...

Your girls are darling! We just barely did bowling for the first time, too. Very fun for little girls!

Dave and Holly said...

Oh to have girls wearing pink tutu's....they are darling! Thanks for taking the time to post updates, I love reading about what you've been up to.

I'd love to hear more about what you do to let Millie earn money, let's chat sometime.

Love you all!

Tricia said...

So cute, so cute... Love to see how your little family is growing, changing, and how happy you all seem to be...I'm sure it's not perfect, but the "imperfections" are what make it all worth it, right! It was great to see you, and chat with you the other day!

JR and Amanda said...

Hey! We sure miss you guys! Glad to see that everything is going so well. Baby Claire is such an angel and Millie and Grace have grown up so much. Sure love you guys!

Amanda