Friday, May 14, 2010

We Are Privatizing!

I've been thinking about doing this for WAY too long! I keep getting comments from strangers, and that is a little spooky! So, we are going private very soon! But I don't want to lose contact with my friends, so please send me your email if you'd like me to send you an invitation to our blog!

Any other suggestions for going private?

34 comments:

Sarah said...

Make sure you send me an invite.

If you change your blog settings, you can take your blog off the public lists. That will make it less visible. I've done that with mine. I get a lot less traffic.

Katie said...

I agree with Sarah. But if you do go private, I'd love an invite. katiebrooke16@msn.com

Audrey said...

audreybeebe at hotmail dot com

Ute Family said...

erinbabyblue23@yahoo.com

More and more are going private. It can get kinda scary out there wondering who's looking at your blog!!!

Kristin said...

Definitely include me! jrakma@gmail.com

Missy said...

We would love to be included in your list. missyackerson@hotmail.com

Margo said...

Please invite me to see your family blog. margonui@comcast.net.

Victoria Blanchard said...

I would love to be invited: vblanchard@gmail.com

Shawna said...

Jen, I'd love an invite: shawnajmarshall@gmail.com. It's so fun to hear about your family!

The Wach Family said...

angelawach@gmail.com I know I haven't blogged in over a year, but I love reading yours and I will start again soon. Just had to get rid of my Facebook account first. :)

Mike and Erika said...

Hey I would love to be invited to your blog. Our email is:
mschwitzer1@comcast.net

I love keeping updated!

Melissa said...

We love reading your blog.. . .melissakwatson@gmail.com

This is how I keep everyone updated so they know what's happening on my blog even though it's private. I made this blog : http//watsonupdates.blogspot.com and friends and family put this website in their Google Reader or Blog Dashboard and they can see when I update. Also, if you go to Customize, Settings, Email%Mobile ID, you can enter up to 10 emails of people who will receive an email when you post something on your private blog. Anyways, just some suggestions because for some of us it's really hard to remember and keep up with private blogs. I'm glad you're doing it. . .we feel so much safer when we do!

Sarah Stiles said...

I need an invite! I have really enjoyed reading your blog and keeping up with you guys!
wolfsong8 @ gmail.com (take out the spaces)

The Bergant Family said...

Don't Forget Us! lbergant at gmail dot com

Heidi said...

Hi, I totally understand how you feel. Please add me to your blog list as well "jhlaperle@yahoo.com" as we'd love to be updated with your cute family!

I was getting hits, not comments, but hits from countries like Russia and India that I saw from my site meter. Melissa thought they might have been blog spam, but who knows. I was private for a couple of weeks, and then changed to public again to watch it, and so far there have not been any more.

A few more things you can do, which I'm still working on with our blog, are change the resolution of your pics to really small, so no one could try and harvest your pictures for their own use. Also, there is an HTML code, which I'm still working on getting, which is "no right click" so no one can take any of our pictures. I'm also slowly trying to remove any personal info about us or where we live from the blog.

The other thing that really helps, like Sarah said, is to go to your settings, and under the option where it says search engines are on, say no, so that no one would be able to find your blog through google, etc. That really helps.
Good luck with it all!

alisquire said...

I would love to continue reading your blog!

foxie4 said...

skeefox@hotmail.com We would love to see ur blog.

Katrina and Lance said...

We would love to keep updated with your blog. katrinaashe@yahoo.com
Katrina nd Lance Rutz

gina said...

add me...

ginamharris@msn.com

Starlee said...

Please send me an invite! I always love your updates and insights!
starleedawn@gmail.com

The Dowdy Family said...

Please send me an invite!
jessidowdy@yahoo.com!

Chrissy said...

Please invite me, christina.olsen@gmail.com

I love that blog is private. My parents still haven't figured out how to get on :), but I feel so much safer posting pictures and stuff about what's going on in our lives. I just like knowing who's looking at my blog.

Bel said...

Me, hehe!

Crazycruton@yahoo.com

Joey and Nettifer said...

nettifer@comcast.net

Mel said...

melanieeasley@yahoo.com

I'm thinking of doing the same. I love keeping up with your darling family! Melanie :)

Shannon Ireland said...

We would love to stay in touch, our email is dsireland@gmail.com.

Jylaire said...

Jen,
I just found the nicest thank you card from you the other day! You are always so sweet! You'll need to put me on you list so I can continue to see your cute family!
-Jylaire
jylaire@hotmail.com

SharonandScott said...

Hi Jen-- We would love an invite-- milo1898@hotmail.com

Alisa said...

yes, please :-)

alisaec@hotmail.com

And I want to start a babysitting co-op in my neighborhood, will you send me the info you have on that? It sounds like a great idea!

Tricia said...

squishe07@gmail.com - would hate to miss out on seeing pic's of your darling family!

Lindsey said...

williams.lindsey3@gmail.com
Don't forget us!

Delibette said...

I would love to be included in your list delibette at g mail dot com

Natalie said...

Hey Jenn! I'd love an invite! nataliedcacioppo@gmail.com. Your family is darling!

Paul's family keeps talking to me about a guy in your ward that I should go out with. I'd love to! My phone number is (541) 505-4132

Adam and Rachel Family said...

rachelwl at g mail