Sunday, October 23, 2011

Our Best "Treasure Hunt" Ever

We had a very memorable treasure hunt with our girls a couple weeks ago. They went to the first clue and found this...



The second had this...



This was the third...


And the fourth...


And last, but not least...


Still, they didn't get it. So we set it all out (asking all the while, "why was there a diaper, and bottle, etc?) and helped them sound out all the words. Finally they got it! Millie had a big smile and asked, "Is it TRUE?" She was ecstatic about the news! Gracie, on the other hand kept repeating all day long, "I don't want you to have another baby!" She got over the bad news by the next day, and is happy about it now. But she insists that she wants us to have a girl! Claire is still pretty oblivious, but she'll catch on eventually. 

We're so excited to have another child coming to our family. We had a little scare at first with some tests and thought we were going to have another miscarriage. So when we went in for the ultrasound, and saw a heartbeat right away, we were filled with gratitude. Now we're 14 weeks along and due April 25th. I'm finally past what was a very difficult first trimester. The fatigue this time was worse than ever before. It's SO nice to have my energy back again! As for finding out the gender, we are still in limbo. Paul would love another surprise baby. I'm not so sure I want to wait that long to find out. We'll see who is more convincing!  :)

15 comments:

Katrina and Lance said...

Yea! Congrats that is so exciting. Hope all goes well.

Victoria Blanchard said...

Congratulations! (I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage, though.) I'm with you, given the opportunity I could NEVER wait 9 months to find out the gender!

Angela Higbee said...

What a cute way to tell your kids! You guys are so creative in that way. Can't wait to meet baby number 4! Love you guys...

Jordan said...

Congratulations! We're so excited for you.

Angela Teaford said...

Congratulations Jen, I'm so happy for you. April 25th is my birthday! I hope all goes best for you.

jljwalker said...

So excited for you guys! Congratulations!

Trevor said...

Congrats Thatchers! You'll almost be to my birthday.

Marianne said...

I'm SO thrilled for both of you! (well, ALL of you once Grace decides this is a good thing). :) And happy that you're past that scary and yucky first trimester. Please keep us updated!

Nancy Ayre said...

Congrats Jen and Paul! We are so thrilled for you!

Carly said...

Congrats Jen! You guys are the sweetest parents! I love your girls. So excited for you to have another one!

Carly said...

Congrats Jen! You guys are the sweetest parents! I love your girls. So excited for you to have another one!

Angie Williams said...

Congratulations, Jen!! So excited for you guys! You've got the cutest girls in the world, so I can't wait to meet another little one!

thederricks said...

Congratulations!!! That is wonderful. We drove by your house yesterday on the way to the Foxboro dance performance. I was thinking of you and that cute music class you did! You are so talented! I hope your 2nd and 3rd trimesters go well!

Canadian Princess said...

So exciting... Congrats! I'm actually due April 14 and like you had the worst first trimester this go around! So glad you're feeling better. And I'm with you...I could never wait to find out!

Mike and Erika said...

Congrats Jen! I hope everything goes well for you and I am sure it will like always. Angela Esplin( i don't know if you remember her) had 3 girls and just had a little boy! It can happen!