Tonight, Grace asked again in her prayer if God would help us to be nice and not fight. Then she said,
"I've been asking and asking and asking and asking and asking and asking and asking and asking and asking if NOW we could be nice, and you did NOT do it! In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
I guess we need to teach her that we have agency, and if she wants to not fight, she is the one that needs to try to make that happen. But I hesitate to correct her, because I just get a kick out of her prayers! And when I really stop and think about it, I suppose that as adults we pray in a similar way, asking God to make things happen while being unwilling to actually take accountability for our own actions. Hmmm...the things we learn from our children!
1 comment:
I've been catching up on your great blog and enjoying every picture and comment. I love the art and the dancing, the prayers and the happiness that abounds in your home. I love you all.
Grandma Thatcher
Post a Comment