This table is one of our best purchases. We found it 5 years ago for $100 on KSL! This year we bought two new chairs to make it fit our growing family. So we needed new chair covers to tie it all together. And you can't see it here, but this wood is very soft with lots of dents, and the finish has been coming off in many places. So it was time for a paint job...
We moved it to the garage, and we got to work. I don't know why we chose to do it the same week as tithing settlement, but let's just say this was our daily late-night project for over a week.
We sanded a little and primed it a lot....
Put a few coats of red paint...
Sanded the edges, and antiqued it with a dark glaze (Paul's Mom helped with this), and then applied the tricky varnish...(I accidentally shook the can, so that set us back a few days)
Also, we antiqued the chairs and table legs, and I sewed new chair covers....
and we finally brought it back upstairs to enjoy (and destroy)!





7 comments:
I should have said something. I noticed your table and chairs looked really nice. Great job1
Way to go, Jen! It looks great!
So talented cute lady. Your table looks beautiful!
That looks Awesome!
That turned out wonderfully Jen! I love the choice of seat cushion fabric. Well done!
You're table looks awesome. I hope it lasts a long time...kids are ruthless when it comes to tables.
Good job on your table, Jen. It really looks amazing! You are so brave to do that!
Post a Comment