Millie and Grace were downstairs alone for just a couple minutes, when Millie came up the stairs holding a handful of her long blond hair. I panicked! She seemed satisfied. And told me that she cut some of Gracie's too. I ran down to confirm the sad news. Grace had already thrown hers away. She explained that she didn't like her bangs (the ones Millie cut about a year ago), but the poor girl didn't realize that you can't just cut them off! She would have bangs again!
The scissors were all confiscated (especially since Millie was still so pleased with her work, and I worried she would go for it again) until we could trust them again to only use them on paper. Millie admitted that she was really sad she lost her privilege to use scissors, but that she isn't sad she cut the hair.
I wanted to take a picture, but didn't want to encourage their behavior. So I managed to get one a little later, of the rubber glove balloons they had decorated.
So, after getting some professional help, Millie now has a full bangs (instead of just on the left side), an Grace has a few more, but is not wanting to embrace them, so they will likely be in a clip most of the time. Millie loved how people at school said she looks really different. I guess a girl named Brooklyn told her they look weird, but Millie said she didn't care. She likes this fun change! I keep finding her in front of the mirror, admiring her new look. What a girl!


2 comments:
Millie might have a little of Aunt Janice in her. She can confidently cut hair and not worry about it. Janice told me she could make me look like a girl whose hair I admired and then she cut mine so short it couldn't be fixed. Mom felt so sorry for me she let me stay home from school. I couldn't face my public.
They both look beautiful in their new doos.
Mom
I think your girls are so beautiful! I know the emotion of wanting to get mad, cry and pout about the self made haircut! You are not alone!
Post a Comment