Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Ivie Faith
We are so happy to have this little gift from heaven. She has already brought so much happiness to our family. Here's her story:
Baby girl #4 on the way. Oh, the beauty of a planned induction! Before leaving to the hospital, I had my hair and make-up done, a clean house, bags packed, and Grandma here ready to take over with the girls. I've decided that for us, this is the way to go! False labor is way too deceiving. And with the way things went last time, why not schedule to be at the hospital when the best anesthesiologist is working?
We got to LDS hospital, got going on the meds, and then waited...and waited...and waited. ALL day. Good thing we brought a lot of things to do. I got so tired of that uncomfortable bed, I decided to sit up instead. And for the record, my epidural worked this time. Hallelujah! Paul was such a great support the entire time. I'm so glad we are in this together.
At 7:55 pm, she was born. She was 7 lbs. 4 oz. and 20 inches long. They drained her chord blood back in to her body for 90 seconds (it's a new thing that's supposed to increase her IQ--we'll see!), and then handed her to mommy to be comforted. It was really neat to see how quickly she calmed down with the sound of my voice, and the touch of my hand. We love those first minutes together.
We were surprised to see that she has quite a bit of hair. But our biggest surprise was that it's brown! Who knows if it will stay this dark. But Grace has been wanting a sister with brown hair, and we prepped her that it probably wouldn't happen. So this made Grace very happy! She seems to have Claire's eyes, Millie's dimples, Grace's curved pinkies, Mommy's long fingers, and Daddy's brown hair. We can't wait to see what she ends up like!
Grandma (Paul's mom) and the girls were there just in time to come see her get cleaned off, checked, diapered, and measured. They were SO curious...
And SO excited to hold her for the first time...
Grandma and Grandpa Yorgason came to visit us the next day at the hospital. They brought a beautiful quilt that Grandma has been making for the baby. We loved the visit!
And we were headed home after 24 short hours of recovery. When we left, we still hadn't fully decided on her name. But "baby" is now officially "Ivie Faith".
Ivie is such a sweet little addition to our family. She has 3 extra mothers who love her and want to hold her ALL of the time! We've had many discussions on how to care for a baby, and what is and isn't appropriate to do. But it will take time. Luckily she is usually sleeping and oblivious when she gets the binki stuffed in her mouth by Claire, and her eyelids touched by Grace, and haphazardly picked up and carried by Millie (maybe that's one reason why babies are meant to sleep so much at first!). At any rate, we're trying to keep her safe and happy! We feel so blessed that she is healthy and she came safely. Now that she is here and we are so full of love for her, I feel like the sacrifice of going through all the woes of pregnancy, labor, delivery, and recovery are so small in comparison with what we received in return. I would go through it again for her if I had to. It is such a blessing to be able to have children, and to be in a family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















16 comments:
Love this! Congratulations you two. What a tremendous blessing. HUGS--The Walkers
She is beautiful. Congrats to the Thatcher family!!
Congrats!! She is beautiful and your sweet family! Love her name too!
She's beautiful and I love her name. Congratulations you guys!
Hooray!!! I'm so glad that she's here safely and that you seem to be doing well. She is BEAUTIFUL and with a beautiful name to match!
She's beautiful---congratulations! And her name is beautiful too!
Congrats! She is beautiful. How wonderful to have a home full of daughters. They are so lucky to have such a great person for mother. Sending prayers your way for energy and sleep anytime you can get it!
~Angie
Beautiful! Congratulations!
Ivie is beautiful!!! I am so excited for you! I feel this bond since we both have 4 little girls! There is nothing sweeter. I loved your post and I am so glad she is here and healthy and that you are doing well! Congrats!
Beautiful pictures and story. Can't wait to see her in person. Hope you two are recovering well. Josh and Elena
congrats Jen! She is a beautiful baby. I love this post I totally agree with everything you wrote. Good Luck over the next couple of weeks!
Jen!! She is beautiful! And how fun that she was born on my birthday:) I was just at women's conference this past weekend and thought about you and the fun times we had at Alta Aptms. What a great friend you are. Hope the transition from 3 to 4 is a smooth one. Love ya!
A beautiful name for a beautiful little girl. I'm so glad this delivery was a positive experience for you. Hopefully we'll be able to have our little girls meet sometime soon. We love you guys.
She is so precious, Jen! I'm so glad things went so well! I love her name too. You guys have a darling family.
I've just been completing your family group sheet - adding little Ivie and checked this for the date of birth. Couldn't find it here. You should add it. I looked on my calendar and have it as the 19th of April. I hope that is correct. Let me know if I got it wrong. Love the pictures. Hope all is well.
Mom
The girls are SO cute!!!!
Sariah
Post a Comment