When Paul knew that he was about to hit the truck, he thought he was going to die or get badly injured. When you see these pictures, you'll probably agree with us that it was a miracle that he walked away without a cut or broken bone--just a sore neck, shoulders and back. The weird thing is, the air bags didn't even go off! (...hmm...maybe he was better off because of that!) And we think if he would have hit the truck a little further to the right, his car probably would have gone under it, and he would have been more hurt. He was also lucky that there wasn't any oncoming traffic, because the impact of his car sent both vehicles across the two lanes to the left.
Here are some pics:
Paul's girls made it to the scene of the accident just in time to see "whitey" (as we affectionately referred to this car that Jen has owned since 2001) getting loaded onto the towing truck. It's most likely totaled.
On the way to the accident, I (Jen) explained to Millie that Daddy's car got broken, but Daddy didn't get hurt. Her first response was, "Daddy car...broken...new batteries!" If only it was that easy to fix it! So I explained that we couldn't fix it, and we would have to say "bye-bye to Daddy's broken car." She finally understood! But it must have still been traumatic for her to see the wrecked car, because she insisted many times throughout the day to see the pictures of Daddy's broken car, and just out of the blue, she'd repeat, "bye-bye Daddy broken car." Tonight she finally thought to ask, "what happened? Daddy broken car...what happened?"
Anyway, as you can imagine, we feel really blessed. We know that Heavenly Father is involved in our lives, and that He protected Paul this morning. We feel a greater desire to serve Him and keep His commandments. We've also been reminded that life is fragile, that family is most important, and that material things have no value in comparison to eternal things.
15 comments:
How scary! Glad to get a chance to check out your blog, but worried when the first post I saw was that traumatic accident...so relieved that your husband is in one piece! can't promise that ours will be as exciting, but we have one too! (chrisparkerfamily.blogspot.com)
Wow, Paul, I'm so glad you're okay. You're still chairman of the board, you know. :) That was so scary to read, I can't imagine what it was like for you guys. I'm so glad you're okay.
I am so glad that everything is okay!
Oh my! We are so glad you came out of that okay! It looked like a scary accident! You were watched over!
Paul & Jen -
We're excited to read all about you're exciting lives through the blogging world! We actually just deleted our blog, but I hope you don't mind if we check & comment on yours. Here is a conversation that takes place at least once a week at our house:
Jenny: "Mommy, remember the mommy & daddy that came to Bear Lake with us and their names are Paul & Jenny?"
Me: "Yes."
Jenny: "And they have a girl that's really cute with blonde hair?"
Me:"Yes"
Jenny: "What's her name, again?"
Me: "Millie!"
Jenny: "Oh yeah! Millie! She sure is cute, and I like them. When are we going to Bear Lake with them again?"
I hope soon!
Glad to hear that Paul was okay!
Hi Paul and family - I'm glad to hear that you are okay after that terrible accident. I hope you and your family are okay.
Tanya and I have a blog also. It's www.timandtanyahart.blogspot.com.
Hi Thatchers, Hello from Austria!
Thanks for sending us the information about your blog - was a nice positive thing to make up for the news about the car crash - Paul, hope you're still well, and no hidden follow-up-aches start to bother you!
I immediately subscribed to your blog via my Reader, so I won't miss a single post. And I re-read all the previous posts, enjoyed all the pics, videos and stories!
I'll send you a mail the next days, including some new pictures of Rhia Maxine. Looking forward to plenty of blog action here ;)
Max & Family
Wooooow!! I can't believe that. How scary! So glad he wasn't hurt. But now you have the insurance headache to deal with. Yuck! Someone was looking out for him. Hey I love your blog! Welcome to our world :o)
I am so glad to hear Paul is okay- that is so scary. What a blessing that he could just walk away after the accident. I am so glad you guys have a blog so that we can keep up with you! Your girls are beautiful!!! We sure miss seeing you guys!
Melanie McKay
Paul and Jen, Millie and Grace,
I finally read your whole blog tonight and loved it. I know it's late and I'm suppose to be writing to Murphy but this was just too fun. The American Idol tryout was amazing. What a fun bishop that Fox Boro ward has. It seems I have been seeing that outfit for years.
It was so good seeing you all today. I love this family.
Mom
I'm so glad Paul was ok! Thanks so much for emailing me about your blog! It's fun to catch up with you! I'll send you a link to mine soon!
Paul and family,
I am glad you are okay after this accident -- you must be living right. It was great to visit with you a while back on the phone. I hope things continue to go well for you and your family.
Bryan Guymon
I'm so glad you found us! I LOVE beoing able to see what old friends and neighbors are up to. I'm so glad that "Sister Thatcher" is okay after the accident! Yeah, London still calls him that! I wish I would have know about your gallbladder surgery! I totally would have taken the girls for you. The more the merrier, right? Well, keep in touch. Next time I'm in Foxboro, we'll stop by and visit!
Wow sorry about the bishop's car! I am so glad that he is ok!
So glad that I found your blog! Yeah to get sneak peak on your awesome fun life!
Oh my heck, how scary! I'm so glad Paul wasn't injured! That was probably the scariest moment ever!
I'm glad I found your blog, I hope it's ok to add you to mine??
Post a Comment