I had thoughts like "How far can a two-year-old go in just a few minutes? What can she do? Is she crying? Why can't we hear her? Would someone take her? Where's Millie?"
Then I began praying. I didn't want to panic, but I really began to worry. I prayed and prayed as I frantically looked for her. Paul was praying too. We met up at the Merry-go-Round where we had been earlier. As he searched to see if she was on there, I thought it was a waste of time. How would she get on there? But Paul's face lit up, "there she is!" She was sitting on a sleigh with a mother and children, going around and around, but with the expressionless face of a lost child.
How did she get on there? No clue! I doubt she waited in line. She probably got in through the exit.
We were just so grateful that we found her relatively quickly and that she was safe. We feel that Heavenly Father heard our prayers and inspired Paul to look on the Merry-go-round.
After finding Millie, we held her more closely, hugged her more often, and felt more gratitude for her. I guess losing (and finding) a child can be a good reminder of the treasure that you have.
5 comments:
I hate that feeling. Man you only have to experience once to never want that feeling again.So glad you found her & she was at least having fun!
Wow, that would be scary... I'm glad you found her so quickly!
That is a parents WORST nightmare... I cannot imagine how horrified you were. Sometimes, in my unhealthy mind, I wonder what people would actually "do" to Gabs if they kidnapped her!! I mean, I guess there really are are total psycho's and sicko's in this world!! My brain cannot even go to that place.
That little pill!!! You should have taken a picture of the mom who saved her!!!
Wow that must have been the most painful feeling to lose a child in a matter of minutes but then what a peaceful feeling when you found her. Heavenly Father truly answers our prayers.
This is your cousin Melissa! I'm so excited you guys have a blog! I bet your heart stopped when Millie was gone! She is so grown up and adorable and Grace too!
Post a Comment