And now, the story behind the trophy:
(a little background) Paul and I were set up on a blind date, so one of the goals of our marriage is have successful set-ups, so that others can enjoy the happiness of marriage that we enjoy.
In 2006, Paul tried to set Kent (his brother) up with Sara (an intern from his work). However, she was leaving on a mission, so it fizzled out after just one phone call. We thought of her a couple times while she was gone, but she didn't even remember the phone call with Kent. Then after her mission, she returned to working in the same department as Paul. So last Summer, Paul talked about trying the set-up again. (Now this is my important role) I kept reminding Paul to get her number while he was busy at work. He got it. She was willing. And Kent called her up. They started dating, and the rest is history!
Aren't they a happy couple? It's been so wonderful to see them fall in love, get engaged, and then married last week. It couldn't have been a happier day! They are such a perfectly-matched couple. Elder Holland performed their wedding, and that was a memorable experience for all of us.
At their wedding breakfast, they surprised us with this trophy. Don't ask me how they had time to think of a trophy with all the other wedding plans!
Gracie is kind of fixated on the whole thing. MANY times a day, she brings it up. The conversation goes something like this:
Gracie: "wa...wa...wa...Sarah?"
Mommy: "Where's Sarah?"
Gracie: "ehh...ehh..daa...Tent (Kent)"
Mommy: "Where are Sarah and Kent?"
Gracie: "umm...bu-bye...ehh...home!"
Mommy: "Yeah...they went bye-bye, and where did they get married?"
Gracie: "Temple!"
And just for the record, we are still VERY much in love after almost 4 years of marriage!
UPDATE: We just got news that another couple we set up are now engaged! We are so happy for you, Eric and Lisa! Congratulations!
4 comments:
What a cute story. You guys deserve the trophy. Love Grace's words she is soo good. She is so smart. She is such a doll.
Paul and Jen, that is awesome, thanks for sharing that story I never knew that! Congrats to Kent and Sara, I am so happy for both of them. That is so cute what Grace said. Love you and I am glad to see you soon!
love you
Mels
that is actually very impressive! i always thought that i would intro my sisters to their spouses but hasn't happened yet and though i love my respective bros-in-law, something to be said for being responsible for the hook-up that makes couples even better friends or in your case, family:)
Paul and Jen, I agree with earlier comment - "You make marriage look so good." I feel honored to know you both. When I see your blog, it makes me want to be a better person. I remember specifically thinking when Emily and I got married, that we should always show the good side of marriage to a world that thrives on showing the hard and bad sides of marriage. You really do make it look beautiful. FYI - Emily and I were set up by my Dad and sisters. I'm so happy this chain is bringing so much happiness. You two surely are some of the best people we know.
Love you both, -Ben and Em-
Post a Comment