So here's my attempt to cover for July and August:
Good Times Outside
Trip to New Mexico
It was so fun to visit Dave and Holly's family. They were great hosts! We were spoiled by them the entire time. Now we love Albuquerque too!
Millie's Drawings
One morning while Paul and I were trying to sneak in a few more minutes of sleep, we asked Millie to go draw us a picture. She came back with one, and then she'd leave again and draw someone else. So, here's the perspective and skills of a 3-year-old:
Grandpa
Daddy
Mommy
Grace
Abby (her friend)
Lagoon
We talked about this place all year long, and the big day has come and gone! But I don't think the girls were disappointed. We thought they might last for 4 or 5 hours, but we stayed ALL day long (that means no naps!), and they loved it!
The Ladybug Drop is one of our favorite rides to talk about still. It goes up and down!
We made the mistake of taking Grace on a couple "scary" rides at the first (you can see the fear all over her face!), so she had a few hours where she refused to go on any rides.
But we finally decided to get our money's worth, so we forced Grace to go on the mildest ride there (the boat one). She was so mad at us. But after a few times around, her smile came back and she started enjoying herself again.
We went on the Merry-go-Round too many times, but the kids just don't get sick of this one!
Mommy is STILL afraid of heights, so the Ferris Wheel was not a relaxing experience. I tried to hide my fear from the girls, but they could sense it. Now every time we pass by Lagoon, the girls see the Ferris Wheel and say, "there's the one that you got scared on!" I wish their memory wasn't so good!
This is the Place Monument--Fairbanks Family Reunion
We look forward to this family reunion every year because it's so much fun for the kids. We loved the petting zoo area. The girls just went right up to the lambs and goats with no fear. And they loved the train rides too. We highly recommend this place for anyone who hasn't been there lately. They have new things every year!
Oquirrh Hills Temple Open House
We're so blessed to have another temple in our valley! We loved touring the new temple, even though the girls were a handful. Hopefully they aren't too young to remember it and to gain an appreciation for this special place. We went with the Angela and Michelle. It was great to be there with them!
Gracie insists on holding Millie's hand almost everywhere we go. I can't get enough of it either! I'm so glad they are "best sisters" as Millie put it today!
7 comments:
Your family is so cute! It's so fun to see pictures of your kids. I'm with ya, with trying to stay up on blogging. I go through spurts trying to catch up and then get burned out and don't blog for months. If only I could do a little bit every week. I love Lagoon and we took our kids for the first time last year with Gina's kids. Has anyone else in the Thatcher family jumped on the blogging bandwagon? If so, pass our address on to them. Tell Paul hello.
Your daughters are beautiful! And we love Albuquerque! It is fabulous! The aquarium there is fantastic! How lucky for you to go there. We loved living in New Mexico. Glad you got a vacation too!
Hey I love it that y'all went with the Mantons to the open house!! Looks like y'all had a busy couple of months!
I love all the pictures, they are so cute. Thanks for sharing and it looks like you are having so much fun! Love you all
love
Mels
Thought of so many comments on this post...where to begin?
First of all, we don't want to know about you & Paul wanting to "get a few more min of sleep" but t'was a good idea to occupy your daughter & love your hair in her pic:)
Are you sure pregnant women should be on the Ladybug Drop? Pretty bold move:)
I understand the mean faces or in our case, hysteria that results when you gently encourage your kids to try something new:) & yes, my boys have great lil' memories & don't mind repeating themselves...
Looks like you've been having a fun summer, so hope that means you're feeling well!?! Wszystkiego najlepszego siost!
wHAT A Way fun summer. Your girls are beautiful and you and Paul look great. Always good to see updates on your sweet fam. Love the drawings :) sooo funny and precious.
looks like you had a fun summer! I love millies drawings, they made me smile! tell paul that Lee's favorite ride at lagoon is also the train (honestly, out of EVERYTHING - he's not much of a thrill seeker!)
Post a Comment