The Thatcher family is growing fast, and we've finally gotten big enough that we had our party at the Paradise Church. Claire met the family for the first time. The older girls loved doing Christmas crafts, and then were indecisive while dressing up for the Nativity, which was performed on the stage. Paul and I got to be Mary and Joseph, because Claire was the best candidate for baby Jesus. Millie and Gracie stayed by us, and adored "baby Jesus" during the entire nativity. Grace was giggling so cute at Claire.
Grace loved seeing Kent and Sara--two of her favorite people in the whole world! Can you tell from her face that she LOVES them?
When Santa came out, Grace stood in the opposite corner of the cultural hall, crying that she didn't want to sit on his lap (wish we got a picture of that!). Millie is at the perfect age for believing in Santa. She told him how she wanted pink ballet shoes for Christmas. Whenever we asked Grace what she would ask for from Santa, she would say "a sucker." Not hard to please!
Yorgason Family Christmas Party
It was a fun party with the Yorgasons, as usual. Dave and Holly traveled up, but we missed Don, Jordan, and Jason's families. Paul and I got to be Mary and Joseph again, all because of newborn Claire. And no, we didn't plan to wear ALL red!
We learned from experience, that this Angel needed her favorite Sunday dress and her own fairy wings to willingly play the part.
Angel Millie sitting on "Grandpa's, oops, I mean Santa's lap!" Afterward, Millie kept asking us, "Is he our Santa?" A pretty smart question, we thought!
This is about as close to Santa as Grace was willing to come. She got her candy cane, and as soon as Santa reached out his hands to hold her, she was GONE!
Claire slept through it all--what a sleeping beauty she is!
Grandma was happy to sit down and hold Claire. At events like this, she rarely sits down to rest!
We caught Grandma kissing Santa Claus again! He's been dressing up as Santa in this very costume for 40 years! And she's been caught kissing him every time. Glad to see these two still in love!
3 comments:
Your little family is still so beautiful. GORGEOUS baby!! Your girls are the epitome of "princess". I love checking in on your blog once in a while. I really need to update mine. Motherhood has me busy and tired, I guess. :)
Fun! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has procrastinated blogging about Christmas--I still need to do mine! I don't have the excuse of a new baby though. Kate was terrified of Santa also. I love your girls. They are adorable!
We had a great time while we were there. The boys loved Kangaroo Zoo, including Dave! We wish we could hang out more often. We love you!
Post a Comment