But I realized today that all we have to do is walk outside and show them the flowers that have miraculously come to life again in a flowerbed that just a few weeks ago was brown and dead-looking...




This is an easy way to teach them what the Savior can do for each one of us, during this life and after. Some days our lives seem dark and hopeless, but President Hinckley often told us that there is light at the end of the tunnel. This hope is only through Christ, who is "the light, the life, and the way." All things truly testify of Him.Follow up (a few days later): I took an opportunity to try to teach this to the children in the car on the way to preschool. I pointed out the flowers and reminded them of how they seemed dead, but then they came to life again. Gracie blurted out quickly, "Just like Jesus came to life again!" I was so happy--they did learn something over Easter!
4 comments:
What a great message. I love this time of the year. It is so pretty outside. Yes, all thing testify of him and his wonderful love to us. How wonderful! I'm so ready for next year and explain all this wonderful knowledge that we have to my kids. It's going to be fun! Hope you are having a wonderful spring. Btw, your little ones are so beautiful.. just like their mommy :)
We loved the beautiful flowers, the true message, and your beautiful girls! Jungle Jims loked like fun too. We never made it down in March but will try soon as it sounded like fun!
Beautiful message! I always feel the same way in the Spring:-)
Never underestimate your children. Children are smart, and they absorb EVERYTHING like a sponge. You may not think they are listening or learning, but they are. So you go right on teaching, and they will keep learning:-)
Post a Comment