I expected them to be shy, like they are when we go to library story time, or even at preschool. But they seemed so natural out there on the dance floor! They were in their element, and they had a sense of confidence that I marveled at. They got right in and did everything the teacher told them to, and seemed so pleased with themselves. I loved watching Millie and Grace stick together, go across the floor together, dancing the best they could. They were in heaven! And I admit, it was just fun for us parents to watch them. It made us want to get them in to dance class!
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Beginner Ballerinas
The girls dance around in the living room almost everyday. They consider themselves ballerinas and princesses, who have to dress "normal" to go out of the house. But up to this point, they haven't had any lessons. So when I told them that they had a chance to go to ballet class one day with Lucy (a neighbor friend), they were thrilled!
I expected them to be shy, like they are when we go to library story time, or even at preschool. But they seemed so natural out there on the dance floor! They were in their element, and they had a sense of confidence that I marveled at. They got right in and did everything the teacher told them to, and seemed so pleased with themselves. I loved watching Millie and Grace stick together, go across the floor together, dancing the best they could. They were in heaven! And I admit, it was just fun for us parents to watch them. It made us want to get them in to dance class!



I expected them to be shy, like they are when we go to library story time, or even at preschool. But they seemed so natural out there on the dance floor! They were in their element, and they had a sense of confidence that I marveled at. They got right in and did everything the teacher told them to, and seemed so pleased with themselves. I loved watching Millie and Grace stick together, go across the floor together, dancing the best they could. They were in heaven! And I admit, it was just fun for us parents to watch them. It made us want to get them in to dance class!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment