“Oh,” I thought, “I’m pretty sure I know what she is saying.”
But then to reinforce the idea, she asked, “Mommy, are you going to be a Grandma soon?” I quickly answered, “No...”
So she added one more comment. “Mommy, you have arms like a giant!”
If she wasn't so naive and perfectly innocent, maybe I could have been a little offended about that. But I just had to laugh.
We are really working on communication right now, and boy, she got the point across clearly!
I know Summer is just around the corner. I know I'll be wearing short-sleeved shirts. So, thanks, Gracie! Now I have more motivation this week to wake up early and exercise! I'll try to think about that when I lay in bed at 6:45, trying to decide if it's an exercise morning or not.
And just now as I was talking with Millie, she randomly asked me to open my mouth wide (I thought for sure she would mention my fillings).
Then she said, "Mommy, I know some of your teeth are going to fall out!"
"Yeah? Why is that?" I asked.
"Because some of them are moving and going to pop out."
I had to wonder, should I get braces again? Then I quickly decided, na! That was not fun!
Again, no harm intended by little ones. Just the truth. And somehow, I don't mind, because they love me despite my imperfections and flaws.
3 comments:
Sorry, but this is HILARIOUS!! Sounds just like something my girls would {and have} said to me!
Oh, I love it Jen! Kids can get away with saying ANYTHING because it's so innocently done. Thanks for sharing such cute stories!
So funny!!
Post a Comment