Friday, May 20, 2011

"The Sun'll Come Out..."

We've been on a big "Annie" kick lately. We took the girls to see a high school play and then we had to watch parts of both movies.


I love that they know the music now and we can belt the songs together in the car. As we drove to the library yesterday during the non-stop downpour, Millie decided that we needed to change the words to "The Rain 'ill come out...tomorrow!" It was fun to pretend that we love the rain and clouds and gloominess. Singing about it almost convinced me.

Whenever I feel like complaining about the rain, I think of Sister Wilkerson, my mission companion from Elko, Nevada, who LOVED the rain. She often thanked the Lord for the rain, and I was always surprised because I wasn't so grateful. I guess when you live in a dessert, you are always grateful for the rain. And I guess since we live in what is also considered a dessert, we should be grateful for the rain. But it's hard when there is flooding and day after day of grey weather in May.

On a brighter side, I am SO glad we got our gardens and pots planted over Mother's Day weekend before all this rain.




And here's what we have been doing inside lately...


Millie got a hold of more dress up make-up. She put sparkly lip gloss all over her eyes, and eyeshadow on her lips



which gave us good reason to play dress-ups and play all over the pillows


{Claire felt extra special with two tutus on--the fluffier, the better!}
Gracie prefers no tutu at all



And we discovered a new way to build. We used skewers to make 2-dimensional houses for the petshops.
Gracie did a fun hair-do with 6 ponytails

And Millie came up with some good art projects

No comments: