I love this picture! We have so many simple, happy moments like this, but we don't often capture them on camera. Paul offered to give someone a ride into their bedroom for family prayer. Soon, the others were jealous. So they all climbed on and rode together! In such a short time, they will be too big for things like this. We need to treasure these moments with our young ones!
The Sugar Jar
The girls love getting a snitch from the sugar jar when we are baking. Usually mommy is there to keep things under control, but on this particular day, Millie took things into her own hands. All three girls were hiding behind the counter enjoying their treat. I caught on to what was happening, but I was still very surprised to see the damage that had been done in so short a time (you have to see the pictures bigger to see the sugar). Before I got upset, I had to remind myself to keep a sense of humor and enjoy it!

Our Very First Lemonade Stand
This was such a great learning experience for Millie and Grace. Even though it felt like we (the parents) were doing most of the work, we were really glad they learned how to market, and then sell something. We tried to have them do most of the talking, but it was hard to watch the confusion and sometimes deadly silence...so we pitched in to help out. We were surprised that they made over $10! We were hoping for a lesson in money afterward (counting it up, setting aside savings and tithing, and spending), but they could care less about the money. The next day, they were playing with all the quarters and somehow misplaced most of them...and they don't seem to mind! Oh well, that just won't last long.
Millie's Frog
Paul is always talking about catching a frog, and he even stops our car near swamps to listen for "ribbits" and look for any frogs to catch. So, we were all pretty excited when Millie happened to spot a frog on the grass at a park in Hyrum. Daddy caught it and we had it for a pet for a few days. Catching bugs was fun for Millie, Josh, and Ben. But after awhile, Millie decided it was time to let the poor frog go. Good choice, Mills!
How long can you keep a child in a toddler bed? Millie lasted until age 5. We knew it was really time to upgrade when she ended up sleeping on the floor most nights. So you can imagine just how happy these girls have been with our new purchase. For the first couple of days, they would just hang out in their beds, and even say they just wanted to sleep (in the middle of the day!). Problem is, they all like being on the top bunk. It's the party place! Millie's finally adjusted to the idea of sharing it...as long as they make sure their feet are clean!
Homemade Fruit Leather
We got some free apricots, so I decided to make some dried fruit and fruit leather. Last year, I added sugar to make it taste good enough for the kids to eat. This year, I got brave and sweetened it with pineapple juice, and grape juice concentrate. I'm happy to say that the girls LOVE it! Free and healthy fruit roll-ups...I'm happy about that!
Our New Addition: Tessa
We made a switch in bunnies so that we could breed. Ashley (who was really a male) is gone to new owners, and now we have Tessa (the female and future mother of our baby bunnies)! She is SO beautiful and so cute! She still hasn't learned how to get away, so even Claire can pick her up at will.
Bathtime with Cousins
Addie and Millie got a bath together at G & G Yorgason's. I loved watching them so young and naive - no problem at all to be naked around their cousins.












No comments:
Post a Comment