Monday, April 1, 2013

Halloween 2012

Halloween Carnival
Our little "Music Makers" playdate planned a Halloween party of our own. We did our favorite witches' brew game, and each of the other moms hosted a game. It turned out to be so fun!



(FYI, The witch's game goes like this: Each child holds a yarn with a spider tied onto the end. The spiders are in the witch's brew while the witch rolls her dice. When she rolls a certain thing--depending on the age, she hurries to put the lid on the pot, and the kiddos scramble to pull their spiders out before they are trapped. For 3 year olds, I'll use dice with halloween pictures; for 4-5 year olds, I'll use dice to identify numbers; for 6 year olds, I have them add the numbers from the dice or do even or odd, etc.)








Yes, that witch is me! I dressed up to go into Millie's 1st grade class as well to do the Witches' Brew game. It was a blast walking around in that costume. I should get green face paint and a long nose for next time.



Halloween Art
As far as we are concerned, a holiday isn't complete until we've done at least one art project that goes along with it!



Trick-or-Treating
We were blessed with a beautiful evening this year! And of course, it's always fun when we meet up with friends to run around with. These girls took off before we could even grab a picture. It wasn't easy to convince them to stop for a minute to pose.




The babes, Ivie & Michael boy!





Mckinzi and Tyler provided cotton candy for all! The kids were thrilled.


Ivie made her way around the floor, finding candy to pop into her mouth, wrapper and all. Good thing she doesn't know how good it really tastes! Or does she?



No comments: