Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Mommy's Birthday

I couldn't have asked for a better birthday with my family! We fit pumpkin carving and bowling all into one day. 


Carving Pumpkins gets more and more fun as the girls grow up. They look forward to it so much. Daddy doesn't especially like to carve out the "guts" but we had some insistent girls, so they were brave enough to do the dirty work this year.







Bowling as a family always serves as a reminder for me of how cute our kids are, how athletic Paul is, and how unskilled I am as a bowler. I think I scored the lowest of anyone (and that made the girls feel really good about their game, even though they have the gutter rails).




Usually on my birthday, I spend some time pondering the gifts that God gave me when I was born. The earth. My body. My parents. My family. My home. My country. Then I think of all the gifts he has given me throughout my life. A knowledge of God and Jesus Christ. Opportunities for learning and growth. Friends. Trials. Help. Answers to prayers. The list goes on.

This year on my birthday, I felt so glad to be where I am in my life. I relished the fact that I get to be a mother to my four sweet girls. I adored them a little more than usual that day. I realized that I have been given so many blessings in my life, and I wouldn't wish for anything more than what I have. I am truly content.    

No comments: