Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Grace's First Lost Tooth

                                     

(an excerpt from Mommy's journal on April 4th, 2013)

Grace lost her first tooth today! I don’t know if I can say she was brave, though. But faithful, yes! She was SO scared about it. It’s been really loose for a couple days, but she wouldn’t let us pull it. She explained to someone, “I’m just not comfortable right now losing my tooth!” She prayed and prayed that it wouldn’t hurt, which I kind of thought it was a silly thing to pray about. I thought it would come out while she was eating, but instead, it just popped out as she was walking to her bedroom. She was SO excited! And so grateful that it didn’t hurt. We need to help her recognize that her prayers were answered. But then she went to wash off the blood to give it to the tooth fairy, and it went straight down the sink. Even though that was a quick disappointment, she got over it very quickly. She wrote a letter to the tooth fairy, explaining that it was lost and asking for pixie dust instead of money. 




She told Millie that this was her way to find out if the tooth fairy is real or not. In the end, she got a letter from the tooth fairy explaining that she can’t give her pixie dust because it doesn’t work on humans. Grace is the only girl I know who has lost her tooth while in preschool! Her new tooth is already coming in.




Finally, these two girls can bond over teeth falling out and having big gaps in their mouths! I'm guessing they were in the middle of getting their pajamas on when we just had to take a picture!



I think Millie was just so happy that Grace entered her world of losing teeth and dreaming of fairies and easy money!



___________________________________________


And just to consolidate, I'm going to post about her second tooth as well. This one is so hard to see in the pictures because the new tooth was already up back behind it. Her note to the tooth fairy is so cute, and here's a picture of our fairy house that we always set out for her the night she is coming.






No comments: