Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy Times...

A Visit From "Down Under"
We had the Howes' here from Australia for the afternoon. They are Paul's mission companion's parents. They were in SLC for training to become the next Temple President in Adelaide. They were so kind to come speak in our ward about Temples. We loved having the day with them.


Arranging flowers from Mom Thatcher's garden.
I did this after hearing President Uchdorf's talk about how women gain happiness from creating things--So true! One of my dream jobs is a florist.




Shay and Hannah's baptism.
We were all so happy for this wonderful day to come! They were so full of light, and the Spirit was so strong at that meeting. We knew the Lord was happy as well. The brother who baptized them was a friend in the neighborhood who helped them meet with the missionaries. We have such great missionaries in our stake.




Making cookies with Millie.
I left for a minute to change Gracie's diaper, and when I came back, she had eaten 2 and 1/2 raw cookies. I couldn't get mad. She takes after her mom!



An evening with friends on Temple Square.
Even though Paul works on Temple Square, we've realized that we haven't gone there often enough as a family. Our friends had never been as a family either, and so it was a really fun night. Millie finally got to ride "daddy's train" and Gracie made a friend on the train. By the end of the ride she was snuggling up to give her the biggest hug we'd ever seen. Maybe we should have adopted her as a "great aunt" for Gracie.



2 comments:

Dave and Holly said...

I love reading your blog. Millie and Grace just keep getting cuter and cuter. You'd be a wonderful florist. That flower arrangement is beautiful!

Emily + Eric said...

I love the flowers! I also really like the new family picture at the top of the blog - so sweet.