Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Birthday Boy

PAUL...

is another year older
is my best friend
gives me a kiss the minute he gets home from work
loves being a daddy
takes good care of his princesses
won't let his "queen" clean the toilets or bathtubs
gets more phone calls in one day than I do in a month
wears a white shirt and tie most of the time but doesn't mind it
always sees the positive in others
is very unselfish
is great with kids
loves playing b-ball, golf, tennis, & baseball
is just a little competitive :)
beat all his siblings in a foot race (most of them are athletes)
may have beat his wife in Rummikub once or twice
crosses his pinkie toe for comfort
has been known to fall asleep while standing up at work
has no problem falling asleep at night (thank goodness he doesn't snore)
has never fallen asleep during church
is very interested in people
loves the Lord
is adored by his wife

3 comments:

gina said...

Happy Birthday Paul. I really liked your post about him.

Your Christmas/December sounded fun. Love the pictures at Temple Square.

I haven't figured out why I can't reply normally to your questions from my blog - so I'm replying here.

Cutie Sydney belongs to Cannon & Valerie. That picture of her with the flowers on the mountain top, makes me want to start singing "The Hills Are Alive" like Maria in the Alps. For our Neslen family reunion last summer, we went to the Olympic Peninsula in Washington. We hiked all day to the top of this mountain. Totally amazing. The kids were such troopers -

The 12 days song - along with many other songs & nursery rhymes, were written in order for early Christians to teach their children the gospel, though safely disguised as something else - during the times of Christian persecution and martyrdoms -following the death of Jesus Christ. Or so the story goes. I will post some of the other songs and nursery rhymes with similar symbolism some time. I studied Art History in college and learned a lot of Religious symbolism in Art and Literature - Totally interesting and fascinating to me...

Gina

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

Seriously, could your family could be more adorable??!! I love you guys... HOpe your holidays are awesome!!

(regarding your bullet point of "Paul hasn't fallen asleep in church yet", THERE IS STILL TIME!!!! (smile)

Janelle said...

Paul,

Happy Birthday!! I hope you had a great day. Keep up the good work.

Moose