I feel HUGE! I'm already bigger than I've been when I delivered the girls (my OB confirmed my suspicions!). I'm so glad this baby is coming out soon! I'm a little more anxious than I've been in the past, so I really wouldn't mind if he or she came early. Lately, the baby has been pushing up against my ribs and it's been really painful. I don't think I could endure this for another month. At this point of discomfort, I have to remind myself how blessed I am to be able to get pregnant, and how excited we are to have another child. We can't wait to meet this baby!
Every pregnancy, I have major goals to finish things before the baby comes. But I think this time, it's been more extreme. I started earlier (as soon as I knew I was pregnant, I started thinking of all the things we need to do before we have three kids--but then morning sickness hit, and I was out of commission for awhile), and I'm hoping my energy and motivation will last up until the day before the baby comes.
So, here's what we've done to our "nest":
Decorated the Basement and Millie's Room
We found the bookshelf on KSL for $50 and painted it. The lanterns were $5 at a garage sale! And I finally forced myself to get some things up on the walls. Even though I LOVE to decorate, I have the hardest time doing it in our own home!
Millie's bedroom should have been decorated a long time ago, and now that it's finally looking "done", we may have to change it into a boy room! Maybe this is one reason why I don't want to know what we're having yet!
Organized the Closets/Drawers/Cupboards
I was inspired to do this after visiting Dave and Holly in NM. They gave me new meaning to being organized. I realized what a mess I was in, and I had a vision of how I could fix it. Thanks, Holly! I love having "a place for everything and everything in its place." I think it makes it easier to keep a clean house.
More Food Storage Space
Our unfinished basement bathroom is now officially a food storage room. It's so nice to have more shelf space. I think this is my favorite room of our entire house!
(before)
Organized the Garage
There is nothing like a clean garage! For some reason, we get it clean and then a few months later, it desperately needs another big cleaning. But it always feels good when it's done.
I don't know why it took us so long to discover that this area of the garage was PERFECT for shelves! Paul is such a "handy-man!" He always impresses me with his shelf-making.
New Transportation
With the baby coming, it was time to make the plunge into being a minivan family. We looked around a lot, and test-drove some really nice vans. But in the end, we went with something more affordable. Dave Ramsey's "financial peace" principles have really sunk in. At first, I wasn't sure if I liked the van, but we were sure we liked not having a car payment. Now, we really like the van too! It's been surprisingly fun to drive a mini-van.
Good-bye "Blackie"
Hello Minivan!
7 comments:
Okay I WISH I looked that cute pregnant. I just get huge everywhere and it's not cute at all. Bloated, swollen, fat... But like you I'm so grateful to be able to ahve such sweet babies that any kind of discomfort is worth it.
You will LOVE the convenience of a minivan! I absolutely love having one :) And your nesting makes me laugh. I was an insane nester the last few weeks with this last pregnancy. I was driving everyone around me bonkers!
BTW, I think you are having a boy! I've been bigger with my boys. We'll see :)
You have more energy pregnant than I do even when I'm not!! You go girl!! Love how you did the basement t.v. room. Such great KSL/garage sale finds. I must remember to check KSL.com more often. How awesome that you got so much done before the baby comes. Hope the next month flies by with as little discomfort as possible for you.
My bet is you are having a BOY!
Of course I think you're having a boy too-- if you're that much bigger! Good luck.
You still look way cute!
Your due a week before me (lucky :) ) we are having a girl and I know ALL I've Done is NEST NEST NEST the last li' bit. Got the nursery done, Redecorated a living room totally, cleaning out windows and lights and bla bla bla on and on , I LOVE all your completion- your food stor. shelves are SOOO great. WAY TO GO GUYS. GOOD LUCK in the wind down
You look beautiful Jen! And wow you've been a busy and productive girl! I'm in awe though that you've been able to wait to find out what you're having, I don't think I could do it! Hope the pain subsides soon or the baby comes early;)
You look great for being so far along in your pregnancy. I totally understand the nesting thing and you will be so grateful you did all that you did when the baby comes. When baby 3 comes you can just relax through the winter and enjoy the babe.
All your improvements look great, and so do YOU! Wow, I wish I ever looked that good pregnant!
After our recent visit, I told my parents that I wanted food storage for Christmas and, man!, they were all over that. They bought us $2000 of food. I have to admit, I'm so glad we have it... and so glad I didn't have to buy it myself. :) (Is it wrong to "outsource" obedience? Hmmm.)
Post a Comment