It's been fun to receive Christmas cards and yearly updates from so many friends and family. So I thought I'd give it a try for our family, just for the record. Even though the blog captures much of our lives, I'm afraid I'm far too inconsistent! So, here's a current summary of our family:
Baby Claire has brought so much happiness into our home. She had to spend her first week in the hospital being tested because her oxygen levels were dipping too low. We were so grateful to return home with a healthy baby who probably just has reflux. We refer to her as our "Angel Baby" because she is so calm and content, especially if she is being held. She still sleeps most of the time, which has made the adjustment to having 3 kids quite easy. The girls love to hold her, and none of us can get enough of her!
Grace is a typical 2-year-old: determined and independent (aka. stubborn and irrational at times), but as cute as can be! She has captured our hearts and brought us so much joy. She is quite the talker--she can say just about anything, excluding certain sounds, like "c," "g" and "l". So it's "Minnie Mae," "Race" and "baby Tlaire." She can eat more fruit than the entire family, but she almost always refuses to eat her dinner. Luckily, we can bribe her to do just about anything for a piece of "dum." She insists on dressing herself, and always asks mommy to do her hair in a big braid like Millie's (an impossibility!). Even though Grace can be shy, she is sure to wave to most strangers in the store or on the street, and she loves to sing and dance for others. She constantly has a song in her heart, and she often breaks into singing whatever she is thinking. She loves caring for her dollies, and surprised us the other day that she changed a dolly's diaper all by herself.
Millie is our ballerina princess! Not a day goes by that she doesn't change into a dress and dance around the living room. It is quite the challenge to keep her dressed warm! Most days, Millie insists that we call her by her chosen princess name of the day (i.e. Cinderella, Aurora, Barbie), and will usually call us "Prince" and "Snow White." She is 3 1/2, but sometimes acts like she is 13! She wears more lip gloss than mommy (and puckers her lips to keep it on), tries to paint her nails by herself, and loves her new sticker earrings. She likes to color, paint, cut and glue, or write notes, and then head out the door to deliver her work of art to a neighbor. She also loves playing the violin and learning to read. We love our Millie Mae so much and can't imagine life without her!
We've had a fun year, watching Millie and Grace grow up to become good friends. They are so different, but that makes things interesting and fun. It's nice that they have a playmate, especially during the winter when we are "cooped up" inside most days. We're grateful that they are close in age, and that they love each other.
I (Jen) love being a "stay-at-home" mom. It's amazing how busy I am, just trying to keep up with the basics. I'm a little obsessed about planning out my day and then seeing what I can accomplish on my "to do" list. When Gracie accidentally asks me "Mommy, how was your work?" I like to answer, "My work was SO good today, because I got to be with my girls..." The other day when I went to the Dr. with all 3 girls, a few people commented, "You've got your hands full!" I guess I better get used to comments like that because it's true! When the kids are asleep, I like getting the house clean again, doing craft projects, catching up with friends, reading, and spending time with Paul.
Paul is busy, busy, busy...but very happy! He is still working at the Church office building, in the curriculum department. He enjoys working in that environment and playing a small part in such a great work. I (Jen) love seeing him dressed up in a suit and tie so often, and feel so grateful that he can take the bus to work, and he still make it home just after 5:00. We love our precious time with Daddy before he rushes out the door to be the Bishop. He loves serving in this calling, and feels blessed to be learning so much. Paul doesn't get much spare time, but when he gets a chance, he likes keeping up sports, working in the yard, playing with our bunny (Templeton), and reading.
1 comment:
Your girls are so cute & I liked the update:) Our middle children sound similar despite diff gender right down to speech impediment:) dane gets so frustrated with me when i don't understand what he's telling/asking me?! u look great esp with newborn & i had no idea paul was bishop on top o' everything else...you do have your hands full but no doubt make it look easy if you handle as well as being a comp!
Post a Comment