
A few days later, when we were realizing the need for more respect in our home, we decided to have a "respect day." It was fun and helpful to have the big sign right there in the living room reminding us what we were working on. We weren't sure if our girls knew the meaning of respect, so we simplified things as defined it as:
- Ask permission
- Listen & answer
- Talk softly & nicely; say "please" & "thank-you"
- Honor Father & Mother
(Notice my sweet mother folding my laundry! She brightens up our days almost every Tuesday!)
2 comments:
I love the idea of a "RESPECT" Day! I will definitely have to use this one sometime. (Though, I probably won't use the "Yes" day; I have a feeling my kids might pack some pretty tall orders) Thanks for the idea, Jen!
What great ideas!! Thanks for sharing. You are such a great mom!
Post a Comment