
I think sometimes the Saturday night adult session of Stake Conference is sometimes overlooked, but it is one of the most spirit-filled meetings that we have in our church. And this time, with Elder Bednar here to teach us and to share his apostolic testimony, it was one of the most spiritual experiences of my life. He and his wife spoke for almost an hour but I didn't want it to end. He taught us the basics of the plan of Happiness-- the atonement of Jesus Christ, covenants, agency and obedience--but I learned so many new things.
His witness of Jesus Christ was so profound and the spirit was so strong, that I don't know how anyone in the room could have denied his sacred calling. He taught with so much authority and power, that I was enlightened every minute, and my testimony was strengthened and refreshed. I came away with a vision and a desire to be a better disciple of Christ, and a better person. It was one of those life-altering experiences for me.
In light of the recent criticism directed at our church leaders due to their support of proposition 8 (by those out of our church, and those within), I just want to raise my voice in saying that I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. The leaders of our church are led by Jesus Christ himself. Yes, they are human. But their involvement in supporting and defending the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman was not just a decision made by a group of church leaders. They have guidance from heaven. They are doing the Lord's will in defending eternal truths that cannot be altered by men. They will never lead us astray. If anyone is wondering what to think of them, they can read from the church website their most recent teachings. They will see that their message is one of love, tolerance, and obedience to God's commandments.
4 comments:
I have totally felt the same way as you. Elder Bednard's talk was very powerful and profound. I am so glad I took the time to attend the Saturday Night Session. I didn't even know that he was in our Stake. That is pretty cool! Regarding proposition 8 I support the church position and involvement. Despite the protests and threats from the opposition group the Lord will protect his Church. Also I am so glad we attended the "Earthquake Lady" presentation tonight too bad the attendance was very low.
I agree that Saturday night's Stake Conference was so amazing! I too learned SO much from Elder Bednar that night and was so spiritually uplifted! It is hard to even express in words how wonderful it was and how the spirit really touched me. Thanks for your post!
I love that post. I love Elder Bednar and the way he speaks - the words he chooses, his methods of teaching. You can tell he was an educator by profession. He is a favorite - especially as I'm missing Elder Maxwell & his gift for words. We are so blessed to have leaders such as Elder Bednar. I love the Saturday session especially, because it is a chance to listen without tending kids!
That night was truly incredible! I'm so glad that I was there. My whole perspective and outlook has changed. I have been trying to put what he said to action and heart and it has been amazing. What an awesome experience!
Post a Comment