Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Looking on the Bright Side of Things

Yes, it's been a pretty gloomy, wet June. But there are many reasons why I am grateful for all the rain we've been getting out here in Utah the past few weeks. The reservoirs are pretty full, the mountains are still green...and, on a more personal note, I haven't had to hand water our gardens!

Our vegetable garden and flower garden are insufficiently watered by the sprinkling system, so every summer, we plant with high hopes, but then after a few weeks of summer weather, they start to dry off. We begin to water by hand each night, and pretty soon we get tired and neglectful. Our garden never produces like it should, and half the plants we buy end of dying.

So, at least for the month of June, I'm really enjoying our gardens!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your garden looks so pretty, awesome job! thanks for sharing
Mels

Margo said...

Wow I love your garden it's coming real good. It is sooo pretty. Yea!I hope mine will look just as good as yours. :)

Brad and Hayley Bingham said...

Your garden looks great! I love the bunny, what a fun pet. Thank you for sending me those fishing pictures. We had such a fun time

Sarah Stiles said...

Oooh, pretty garden! I am so happy to finally have a garden of my own. Our vegetables are doing so well, and we have TONS of strawberries. But we haven't been able to eat a single one, because just as they start to ripen and turn red the bogs get to them. Very annoying!