It was exhilarating! I think I made it into 7 stores, and probably spent too much (but come on, do you think I bought a lot of stuff for myself? I'm a mom!). I saw all these men trying to figure out what to buy for their wives/mothers, and I kept thinking to myself, "Paul really has this one figured out." But I never would have guessed a few years ago, that I'd be SO happy to just go shopping alone.
Then when I came home, he took care of the girls while I planted flowers in pots and hanging baskets. It was so much fun! But then I started to feel neglectful and guilty. Paul reassured me that it was fine and that he just loved taking care of the girls. Afterward, he told me how that day made him appreciate all that I do even more. I loved hearing that! What a great husband I have. I love and adore him so much! I can't wait to spoil him for Father's Day.
7 comments:
What a great Mother's Day!! Sometimes the little things are what makes being "pampered" so fun, like doing something without the kids, or sleeping in!
You guys are a great match! And shopping alone -- it truly is wonderful, isn't it? Crazy, but true.
WOW thats awesome! Way to go Paul! Sounds like a fun day!
That is so sweet! What a good hubby you have. Isn't mother's day great!
And I agree, shopping without your kids is the only way to go :)
He should win Husband of the Year for thinking of giving you a day to yourself! I'm way impressed! What a fun day!
wow he gets major points for that. sounds like heaven... shopping all by yourself.
Yeah, he TOTALLY has it figured out! Sounds like a great weekend!
Post a Comment