Monday, May 19, 2008

A Little Too Quiet For a Little Too Long


Not only did Millie get her first attempt at mascara (without a mirror), she also managed to pour out a bottle of astringent onto the carpet, rub mommy's face lotion all over her cheeks, and put deodorant and lip gloss on. She knew she was in trouble, but I think she was still happy with her beauty treatment (until she looked in the mirror and saw the mascara--we should have taken a picture of that face!).

I hope the camera attention doesn't reinforce the behavior--how do you not capture a moment like this? Here's Millie's explanation of what she did, and her apologies to mommy:


7 comments:

Audrey said...

We've all had these experiences with our kids, and I sometimes wonder if the documentation process confuses my kids, too. I think in the long run, you'll be glad you took pictures and made this video. These are "harmless" moments that you'll never get back!

She's so adorable, even with mascara all over her face!!

Ute Family said...

I think every mom needs to have a moment like that with their daughter. Bu the video wasn't working so I'll have to come back later to check it out :)

Margo said...

Oh wow the video was WAY cute! She really knows how to apology it is so priceless. She is so adorable. Thanks for sharing.

Canadian Princess said...

Oh my goodness...that was too cute! Maybe the trying to get the mascara off her face will be a deterrent at least (sorry I'm not sure how to spell that one).

Dave and Holly said...

That is too cute! I read your blog last night and then just this morning I also noticed that Hyrum was being "a little too quiet for a little too long". I went into our bathroom to find him painting the cupboards with my mascara. Millie must have sent him some sort of vibe.

Can't wait to see you next week!

Rebecca Parker said...

You're right, that is naughty but precious & typical girl I guess:) I wouldn't know with my male-dominant household, but glad you captured on film/video!!

Aimee said...

TOO CUTE!!!
Jen, I don't care how much make-up she got into, she is so dang cute! What a little sweetie! Sorry, Jen, I can't feel too sorry for you! :)