Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Wonderful Day

  • I woke up to pray with my sweet husband before he left to work
  • Read 3 Nephi 11 in the Book of Mormon (I love that chapter!)
  • Ate our usual cereal breakfast with a fresh peach for dessert and I unloaded the dishwasher
  • Read Book of Mormon stories to the girls and got them dressed (Millie loves her own scriptures)
  • Exercised on the Eliptical while Gracie slept and Millie drew pictures (this picture was actually from Sunday, but how could I resist putting that cute hairdo on the blog?
  • Showered while Millie watched Signing Time
  • Played at the park with the girls
  • Ate lunch and got both of the girls down for their naps (not an easy thing to do these days)
  • Finished sewing a dress to donate to the church humanitarian efforts (big sigh of relief--only 3 days late!) and realized that I could actually make matching dresses for my girls someday
  • Made chicken noodle soup for dinner and found out that Paul took a can of chicken noodle for lunch today (It's uncanny how often this happens) but he assured me that mine is so delicious that he could eat it twice in one day
  • Went for a small walk when Paul got home
  • Ate our chicken noodle soup--Gracie loved it, Millie only liked the noodles, Paul loved it enough to pack some for lunch tomorrow
  • Ate banana splits for dessert--compliments of Paul
  • Gracie walked for the first time with a walker toy
  • Bathed the girls
  • Millie finally went potty #2 (we've been waiting at least 4 days)
  • Got the girls down (I nursed Gracie for the VERY last time--I keep saying this, but I mean it this time!)
  • And now I'm blogging because Paul insisted on doing the dishes while I do something for myself

My analysis: It was just a "normal" day, but I was happier than normal. I found myself more patient with the girls, kinder to others, and feeling the Spirit of the Lord more. I have plenty of days when I feel tired, slow, impatient, unproductive, or frustrated. I think the difference was my start to the day. I put the Lord first and He blessed me with His Spirit. Because I had the Spirit, I was able to have a good, balanced day--the kind of day I want to have more often.

5 comments:

Margo said...

Love the new look of your blog. Your family picture is so beautiful. Wow you sure have started the day on the right path. Thank you for your example.

Kristin said...

Wow - I look up to you so much!! Thanks for your friendship and example!

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

Seriously, the new picture of your family is DARLING!!! A perfect shot for you guys!!

Don't you just love days like this one?? I remember the last time Paul did my dishes and told me to go do something for myself..

Oh wait..

I thought I was you for a minute.. (smile)
You are such dear friends... Life is so hectic and I don't get to "play" very much, but, know we love you guys....

Ute Family said...

Thanks for that great reminder. I sometimes forget to put the Lord first and I'm sure that's why I always feel crabby and less patient with Lydia. What a great example you are!

Sarah E said...

Jen! That dress turned out so adorable. I wish I had your skills. I can't believe that fabric just sat around at my house when it could have been a darling dress!