Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ward Campout

Our annual ward campout was a couple weeks ago, but the pictures I just got from Audrey Beebe were so great that I thought I better post them (Thanks, Audrey!).

We love our ward! What good friends we've made! We opted not to camp overnight for a few reasons, but once we got up there, I was wishing we had planned to stay the night. The kids played, we ate s'mores and hot chocolate, and sat around the warm fire. Why can't the Summer last longer?



*On a funny note, while sitting around the fire, we played "two truths and a lie." I am TERRIBLE at coming up with these! I ended up going very last because I just couldn't think of any in time for my turn, and then I stole someone else's lie because I liked it better than my own (how pathetic!). My lack of creative skills in this area bothered me so bad, that on the drive home, I forced myself to think harder and come up with some good ones--I think. So, let's see how many people I can stump. How well do you know me and my dating history with Paul? Which one is the lie?
  1. On my first date with Paul, I knew I would marry him
  2. Paul and I went on a trip together before we were married
  3. Paul never asked my dad for permission to marry me
  4. Our engagement was only 5 weeks long
  5. We spent less than $2000 total on wedding costs (excluding rings)
Please, if you read this one, make your vote! I need to know how I did. Thanks!

8 comments:

Bellblogging said...

WOW, um....Maybe the last one?? You spent less then $2000 on your wedding?? Those are all really good! Can't wait to see the lie! Looks like a fun camp out!

Margo said...

Love the pictures of the ward camp out. They are darling. I wanted to go but changed my mind last minute. I knew we should have gone. Oh well there's always next year. Let's see I think the number 3 is a lie. It is definitely a lie. Can't wait for the results.

Max said...

Hi Jen and Paul,
All the Best from Austria!
From how I remember Paul, number 3 cannot be true.
I have subscribed to your blog, so I read it whenever there is something new - gotta call you up some time.
Max & Family

Sarah E said...

Wow! Those photos are great! Audrey's an amazing photographer. I love your trivia. I couldn't even begin to take a guess, but I'm looking forward to finding out the answer. :)

Lindsey said...

I am thinking the lie is #3. Paul is too much of a gentleman to not have asked your father to marry you. When do we get the results? :-) Love, Linds

Veronica said...

I'm gonna say Paul never asked your dad. I dunno!!!

Aimee said...

I'm guessing #3. I'm guessing that Paul DID ask your dad if he could marry you! Tell us the results soon!! :)

Heidi and Ben Daniel said...

I'm going with #4, just to be different!