Saturday, September 6, 2008

Potty Talk


Here's our "big girl" who knows how to use the potty now!

We started on Thursday with a sticker chart, many trips to the toilet, some accidents, some diaper time (but of course the panties were on over the diaper) and then one big huge success in the evening. It's gotten better each day, and now we've got it all down except #2. The funny thing is, she thinks #1 is #2. We've tried to make it clear, but she is still confused. It's so entertaining to talk with her while she is on the toilet. Here are a few of the funny things she has said...
  • (Mommy) "Millie, are you done yet?" (Millie) "No, I not done. There's still more in my bottom."
  • "I like #2...Mommy, do you like #2?...#2 is my favorite"
  • (Yelling from her crib) "Mommy! I need to go potty! Hurry! Hurry! I need to go #2! #2 is pee-pee! And then I get a sticker!"
  • (Referring to what's in the toilet) "That's yucky for you! Don't eat it, okay, mommy? Don't touch it!"

*As a side note, added a week later: Millie has gone an entire week without an accident with #1! We are so proud of her! We can't help but marvel at this girl every day--she doesn't even need us to remind her or ask her if she needs to go. She did so well when we were at the Dr. and at the store. Now let's see if she can handle going potty while camping tonight!

______________________

More cute things Millie has been saying lately:

  • (All day long when I ask her do to something, she answers in a very positive voice) "Oh,..um...yeah, I will do that for you."
  • (opening up a picture album) "Mommy, I reading my scriptures. Don't touch them, ok? They are really dangerous for you!"
  • She comes up to mommy and pats my leg, "hon, you look too cute!"
  • She picks up the phone and says, "Hi! I'm doing good...Mommy's doing good...Daddy's doing good...Gracie's doing good...okay, bye-bye!" and hangs it up.
  • (in her prayers) "please bless President...Monster"
  • "Mommy, I like your legs! They're really cute!"
  • "Gracie said 'Da!' I want to say 'da'...(ok, Millie, say it...) ...'da!'" (and then I say, "yea, Millie!" Is this a language digression?)
  • (right after throwing up in church) "...Mommy, I just burped!" (oh, how I wish it was just a burp!)

3 comments:

Sarah E said...

Hey... I found you through the great "blog-vine". Hope it's okay if I comment. :) I'm jealous of your potty training progress. We did not make such great strides this past week, but yet we will persevere! Good luck!

Canadian Princess said...

Congrats that's great news!

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

HILARIOUS!!! Mommy there is still more in my bottom... Did you pee your own pants laughing, at that exactly moment??

I adore that little girl...

Please come potty train Izee.... She is telling me she has to go, and actually will go #2.. I know it is time, but, I don't think "I" have the time to dedicate to doing it...

BE MY INSPIRATION!!!