Monday, May 19, 2008

Our Two-Year Old Millie!


She's Finally Two! So, for the record, here are some of the things Millie has been doing lately (things that we love, and things that we'll love to be done with):

  • She loves to put on mommy's "lipiss" and she always has a guilty face afterward (as shown above).
  • She insists in doing things herself, by saying, "I do it, do it, do it, do it, do it!" really fast. Lately, she has to be the one to close ALL doors, cupboards, lids, or anything else she can reach. It takes a lot longer to do anything with this routine, but she gets a lot of satisfaction.
  • When asked how she is doing, she replies, "I doing good."
  • When opening a door, she first knocks 4 times, as if that allows her to open it.
  • Friday mornings when the garbage man comes, we drop what we're doing and Millie runs to the window to watch with excitement, saying "bye-bye, garbage!"
  • For a while there, we were so wrapped around her finger that when she would cry in her crib, we'd open the door to see what's wrong, and she would just hold out her sippy cup and say, "ice!" Boy! I'm glad we nipped that one in the bud!
  • She has learned how to turn around in circles, and while she does, she sings, "turn around, turn around, turn around, turn around" over and over again until she is too dizzy.

  • In church, she seems to wait until it is relatively quiet to yell out, "I see Daddy! Hi, Daddy!"

  • In the car, when Gracie starts to fall asleep, or if Millie is bored, Millie will start screaming with a loud, high screech that drives us absolutely crazy! Gracie starts to cry, and the more we try to get Millie to stop, the more she does it. This is our hardest test with her right now (any suggestions?).

  • When she wants to get into mischief, she'll say, "Mommy right back" meaning, "mommy say you'll be right back and LEAVE!" She usually says this while standing at my make-up drawer.
  • She is learning to compliment others. The other day, I carried something for her up the stairs and she said, "mommy's strong!" and then when I helped her with her drink, she said, "mommy is nice." That's almost better than a "thank you!" Maybe she is learning good manners after all!
  • When asked why she loves Jesus, she replied, "Jesus is cute"
  • Lately, when she purposely hurts Gracie, she'll say (ironically), "Sorry, Gracie! I didn't need to!" (instead of, "I didn't mean to")
  • She learned how run ahead of me from the garage into the house, slam the door, and then lock it, laughing all the while. Problem: she doesn't know how to unlock it! There have been a few times (when I've been without house keys) that she has run into the house while I'm still getting Gracie. Knowing what she is up to, I've had to RUN as fast as I could to the door to stop from getting locked out--by a two year old! I've wondered what I would do in that situation. No idea! I think we need a spare key.
  • She somehow picked up on comments like, "I don't like that!" and "Don't touch my hair!" Excuse me? Where did my little angel go, and who are you?
  • But then at night when saying her prayers, she'll always say "thank you for mommy" before she says anything else. Then I think, "oh, she is still an angel, isn't she?"

3 comments:

Canadian Princess said...

so cute...hard to believe she's 2 already! the video was adorable too!

Margo said...

What a smart and beautiful girl you have. Millie says the cutest thing!

Ute Family said...

There are some cute things in there. And also some things that can definately try your patience, like the screaming for example. Lydia does the same thing and it drives me nuts. Although we don't have another one for her to wake up. Where do they learn this stuff!